Tuesday, June 30, 2009

meijer trip

Wow, long time no post - between planning two birthday parties last week, tennis lessons for the boys and about a million other things, I find that I need a few extra hours in my day!

I had a good trip to Meijer today - since we are going out of town for the 4th and as two of my family members are out of town for the next few days, I am not needing to stock up on much this week, but I managed to find a few good deals at Meijer that I wanted to get...
At Meijer I took advantage of their buy 10 get 11 items $1 deals. I used two Sweet Rays coupons that were for $1/2 MQ (they expire on 6/30) and 1 $1/2 MQ peelie from the broccoli cole slaw, as well as 2 Meijer Mealbox coupons for $1/2 for the pasta and used the cake as my freebie 11th item and got everything for $5. At less than $0.50 a pop for each item I am feeling pretty good :-)

I also had a great trip picking up coupons from tear pads and various displays - either I just wasn't paying attention before I started couponing -- which very well may be the case, but I have noticed a definite increase in coupons around the store lately. Again, perhaps they have always been there and I just wasn't picking up on them!
I hope your shopping week is off to a good start!

No comments: