Monday, April 20, 2009

63% Savings at Kmart Double Coupon Event

I just returned from what I feel is a pretty successful trip to Kmart. I spent $27.43 OOP for everything shown below which would have cost $74.28 without coupons/sales items. That is almost a 63% savings if I did my math right! The Aveno lotion, Glade carpet odor eliminator and the Post cereals I got for free after coupons and the shampoos were only $1 each!

I went with the mindset of buying only things that I know we will use, or things that I could get for free so I think I did a pretty good job of not going overboard and just using a coupon for the sake of using a coupon!

Being new to this whole double couponing deal, I did make one purchase where I got kind of burned which was the dishwasher soap. I made the rookie mistake of using a $2.5o coupon that I thought would double to $4.50, but apparently when the ad says that they double coupons up to $2 it does not mean that if you have a coupon OVER $2 it will double it up to the $2. Lesson learned.

All in all, it was a good shopping trip. I do however favor my trips to Meijer, Target, Walgreens and Walmart. Their prices are consistently lower from what I was able to see walking through the aisles. Now if only they would double coupons in our area too!!!!

I will say that my stock piles have grown immensely over these last few weeks which should hopefully lead to fewer trips to the store over the long run when we run out of something.

No comments: