Friday, April 17, 2009

Welcome!

I am a stay-at-home mom of two wonderful and wonderfully active young boys and married to an equally wonderful husband. I am a newbie when it comes to coupon clipping, but I will be the first to tell you that it has become an obsession! The satisfaction of walking into a store and buying something and only paying a fraction of the cost has proved to be very satisfying!

Perhaps the greatest lesson I have learned so far is that there are a ton of coupons on the Internet that are just waiting to be printed and a ton of extremely helpful websites out there so you don't have to go it alone in figuring out where to find the best deals!

I plan on using this site to showcase my savings (a little personal inspiration!) as well as direct you to fun deals along the way.

To give a little inspiration...on my first week of coupon shopping, I was able to make the following purchases spending $7.35 out of pocket (OOP).Total without coupons savings: $22.60.
- 2 pledge cleaners
-4 cans soup
- 1 gallon milk
-1 oreo cookie
-4 packs of yogurt

Total spent below: $2.14 OOP


Total without coupons: roughly $10.88
- 1 tube of chapstick
- 2 comet cleaners
- 1 kraft salad dressing
- 1/2 and 1/2
- Halls Cough drops

Pretty fun, yes? Everything pictured above was purchased for less than $12. WOW!

So thanks for joining me and happy shopping to us all!

No comments: